Philadelphia School Partnership
Job Title: Manager, Apply Philly Charter
Department: External Affairs
Reports to: Senior Director of Access Initiatives
Effective Date: 1/1/2022
The Manager, Apply Philly Charter (APC) reports to the Senior Director of Access Initiatives. This role is responsible for the project management and oversight of the APC work stream and the overall successful implementation of the APC system. He/she will supervise the work of the Specialist, CRM and School Support and the Coordinator, Family Support - Access Initiatives. This role will be responsible for monitoring APC school compliance, serving as a secondary Salesforce Administrator, and working closely with the team leadership to develop and execute on APC policy goals and initiatives. This role will also be responsible for leading technical enhancement projects and leading the APC Steering Committee.
Background: In 2018, Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP) launched Apply Philly Charter (APC), an online application system has grown to serve 80 charter schools in the city and is the predominant way in which families apply to Philadelphia charter schools. Apply Philly Charter allows families to apply to charter schools from a single website, and all participating charter schools abide by the same application, lottery, and notification timeline. Participating charter schools conduct their lotteries on Apply Philly Charter, send seat offers to applicants and manage their waitlists on the system. Families can accept seat offers and monitor their placement on waitlists using the system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for project management and oversight of entire APC work stream.
- Supervise the Specialist, CRM and School Support and the Coordinator, Family Support - Access Initiatives.
- Work closely with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools to foster collaboration and efficiency between GPS and APC and to ensure that family communications strategies are aligned.
- Work closely with the PSP Data & Analytics unit in their support of APC data analysis and programming needs, as well as their support in Salesforce administration functions.
Policy and Compliance
- Responsible for all MOU updates and securing signatures from new and returning schools on revised MOUs, when needed. Work closely with PSP legal counsel to ensure necessary updates to MOU are made.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for schools relating to MOU and charter school regulation compliance and all policy questions and issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that the APC system is functioning in accordance with all applicable regulations and MOU terms.
- Monitor Salesforce reports and school user use of the system to ensure that participating schools are using the system in accordance with best practices.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Access Initiatives to develop and execute on APC policy goals and initiatives.
Stakeholder Management & External Relationships
- Lead the APC steering committee. Responsibility includes convening regular meetings, crafting agendas and drafting presentations, leading presentations and discussions. Responsibility also includes regular email communication and follow-ups with committee on policy issues and questions.
- Serve as primary point of contact with the SDP Charter School’s Office. Responsible for keeping the CSO updated on the APC system and seeking thought partnership with the CSO on questions relating to compliance and best practices. Also responsible for responding to CSO inquiries and requests.
School Communication & Support
- Plan and draft all APC school bulletins and other communications not related to direct support in collaboration with the Specialist, CRM and School Support .
- Serve as secondary point of contact for schools for technical support on APC.
- Work in partnership with the Specialist, CRM and School Support to develop and update school training materials, including updates to the APC User Manual.
- Secondary APC Salesforce administrator. Perform all necessary Salesforce Administrator functions needed for the performance of the system.
- Required to run reports and oversee all functions of the application system.
- Serve as primary point of contact with APC technical vendor for contracts and billing.
- Serve as project lead for all technical enhancement projects with the APC technical vendor.
Marketing & Family Communications
- Work with communications staff on paid advertising placements.
- Manage and oversee the Coordinator, Family Support - Access Initiatives’s execution of family communications strategy.
- Primary point of contact for the APC helpline for contracts, billing and staffing, including decisions on strategy and usage of the helpline.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Deep commitment to the mission and vision of PSP and how to provide leadership in achieving educational equity for all children in Philadelphia
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written, and a passion to develop relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Superb project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate data insights into actionable solutions
- Demonstrated project management experience, required.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM database(s), Salesforce preferred.
- Experience and/or familiarity with charter school application and/or enrollment processes, strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Proficient in Google Drive products (i.e. Google Sheets, Google Docs).
- Prior experience managing and leading a team.
- Experience managing a technical vendor.
- Experience leading projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience and ability to distill complicated principals to lay audiences.
- Ability to represent APC to external stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team towards completion of stated goals.
- Ability to multi-task and lead projects with multiple and overlapping deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of professional experience required
- Experience working in or with charter schools or within an enrollment system, strongly preferred
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Traveling to offsite meetings – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary
- Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing
PSP is an equal-opportunity employer with excellent benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume to Molly Farley, Human Resources Consultant, at Molly@mfconsultantsllc.com.