Philadelphia School Partnership
Job Title: Coordinator, Family Support - Access Initiatives
Department: External Affairs
Reports to: Manager, Apply Philly Charter
Effective Date: 1/1/2022
The Coordinator, Family Support - Access Initiatives reports directly to the Manager, Apply Philly Charter. This role supports the Philadelphia School Partnership’s Access Initiatives – Apply Philly Charter and GreatPhillySchools. As such, this role will work in close collaboration with other members of the Access Initiatives team, including Manager, GreatPhillySchools, Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives, and Specialist, CRM and School Support.
He/she will play a key role in supporting the successful execution of key projects related to GreatPhillySchools and Apply Philly Charter by providing direct email support to the families that engage with each resource and will be responsible for a wide variety of family-facing informational and marketing materials critical to the mission and purpose of both APC and GPS.
The Coordinator, Family Support - Access Initiatives will also be responsible for cultivating relationships with community based partners on behalf of APC and GPS in an effort to spread awareness about each resource and to provide information to Philadelphia families about school options and the school selection process. This role will be required to develop a high level of knowledge on K-12 school selection in Philadelphia, most critically a detailed knowledge of the APC charter school application process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
APC Family Support and Communications:
- Manage and respond to email messages in the APC infobox.
- Develop and implement business rules for the APC infobox, including the development and use of standard email response language and response times.
- Serve as point of contact for the APC helpline for follow-ups regarding family questions or application issues.
- Responsible for reviewing the APC helpline call tracker on a daily basis to identify issues for follow-up.
- Prepare training materials for the helpline, with support from the Manager, Apply Philly Charter.
- Communicate with APC schools relating to family messages or issues raised through the infobox and/or helpline.
- Plan, draft and send APC family communications consistent with team project plan and/or at the direction of the Manager, Apply Philly Charter and/or Specialist, CRM and School Support.
- Monitor APC Twilio account in Salesforce to ensure proper functioning and to identify messages that require a response.
- Look-up APC applications for purposes of answering applicant questions. Perform basic application related functions in Salesforce, including password resets and reinstatement of offers and other tasks at direction of the Specialist, CRM and School Support.
- Manage APC WordPress updates on applyphillycharter.org.
- Responsible for updating APC family facing marketing and informational materials on an annual basis. Materials include informational handouts and flyers and social media graphics.
- Assist in the creation and updating of APC school reference materials.
GPS Family Support and Communications:
- Manage and respond to email messages in the GPS infobox.
- Contribute to GPS social media and communications, including Facebook and Instagram in collaboration with the Coordinator, Projects - Access Initiatives.
- Oversee GPS text messaging and mass-email campaigns, including maintenance of contact information in text message and email databases
- Support graphic design and editing of suite of GPS promotional materials.
School Selection Family Support:
- Assist in the development of school selection training materials and the execution of trainings.
- Represent APC and GPS to family audiences and community based organizations; build advanced knowledge of APC application process and GPS resources and services, and general enrollment information.
- Cultivate relationships with community based partners that support families with school-aged children for purposes of sharing information about APC and GPS and distributing resources.
- Support major event planning.
- Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Deep commitment to the mission and vision of PSP and how to provide leadership in achieving educational equity for all children in Philadelphia
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written, and a passion to develop relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Superb project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate data insights into actionable solutions
- Demonstrated experience with CRM database(s), Salesforce preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Proficient in Google Drive products (i.e. Google Sheets, Google Docs)
- Proficiency in WordPress, strongly preferred
- Proficency in social media marketing, including using Canva, preferred
- Experience using MailChimp or other email marketing platform, preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience and ability to distill complicated principals to lay audiences
- Ability to multi-task and lead projects with multiple and overlapping deadlines
- Ability to manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and be flexible
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of professional relevant experience
- Fluency in Spanish (written and verbal), strongly preferred
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Traveling to offsite meetings – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary
- Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing
PSP is an equal-opportunity employer with excellent benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume to Molly Farley, Human Resources Consultant, at Molly@mfconsultantsllc.com.