Philadelphia School Partnership
The Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP) works to give every child in America’s fifth largest city the opportunity to attend a great school. We invest philanthropic funds in high-impact schools so they can serve more low-income students—whether they be in the public district, public charter or private sectors. Since 2011 PSP has invested in more than 68 schools of all types, creating new educational opportunity for 28,200 students. PSP also works to create the conditions that enable great schools to grow and thrive, including a strong pipeline of qualified teachers and principals, resources and initiatives to empower parents and families, and policies that enable entrepreneurial school leadership and create opportunity for high-performing schools to grow. Additionally, PSP invests donated funds to catalyze collaboration, facilitating the sharing of best practices among schools and support organizations. Nonpartisan and data-driven, we work with government officials, business leaders, education leaders and practitioners, and community groups to pursue the promise of a great school for every child.
GreatPhillySchools (GPS) is a PSP initiative to equip families with the information and tools they need to navigate school selection in Philadelphia. Launched in 2012, GPS consists of a website, school-directory publications and a variety of outreach resources and tools providing information on more than 800 schools and early-childhood learning centers located in the city. The Coordinator supports the GreatPhillySchools team in efforts to ensure the quality of GPS data and resources and to build awareness in communities across the city. The Coordinator will lead outreach efforts to – and build relationships – with schools, early childcare providers and community organizations in order to effectively maintain and update the GPS website and to lead data collection and verification for the website and school-directory publications. The coordinator will also lead efforts to promote school selection resources and events on social media and as part of paid marketing campaign. S/he will also provide event support, playing an integral role in planning and executing the annual High School Fair.
The GPS Coordinator will report to the GreatPhillySchools Manager and work closely with other members of the GreatPhillySchools and PSP teams.
PSP is an equal-opportunity employer with good benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serving as point of contact for schools, early childhood providers and community organization related to GPS resources, events and school application information
- Creating and updating website content articles related to school search and enrollment
- Collecting, reviewing and verifying school data – quantitative and qualitative – for the GPS website, guides and related tools
- Collecting and reporting data on website traffic, user engagement and social media results (using Google Analytics and other tools)
- Executing and monitoring paid social media campaigns related to the promotion of GPS and the High School Fair
- Supporting execution of major event planning, including the annual High School Fair
- Ensuring timely distribution of GPS resources by managing delivery vendor, tracking orders, and monitoring inventory
- Data entry and other administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Commitment to the mission of GreatPhillySchools and the Philadelphia School Partnership
- Experience and/or knowledge of Philadelphia education landscape (strongly preferred)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated competence with Excel functions and/or related data management systems; experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce, a plus
- Familiarity with social media and design tools (e.g., Facebook Ads Manager, Buffer, Canva); experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong writing and research skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, solve for challenges and be flexible
- Willingness to work as part of a team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Fluency in Spanish (written and verbal), strongly preferred
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Traveling to schools – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary
- Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours on occasion, as needed
Email resume and cover letter to Molly Farley, Human Resources Consultant, at MFConsultantsLLC@gmail.com.
Salary commensurate with experience, along with excellent benefits.
A modest relocation package may also be available for out-of-state candidates.